Monday 14 July 2008

At last an update and only 10 days till my tide!!!

OK so I have proved that i am completely useless at updating this blog!!! In my defence I have been spending most of my time in the water or at work which in reality are more important than the blog ! Anyhow I will now attempt to keep it up to date in the run up to the swim and have managed to work out how to post to the blog from my mobile so my crew can post from the boat as I swim....well that's the plan anyhow!!!
Ten days to go before my swim tide 25th to 31st July and it suddenly feels like its all happening really quickly. It doesn't feel like that long ago that I was having to cancel last years attempt and reschedule to a date a year on which is now suddenly a reality and racing towards me! The good news is that I am ready or at least as ready as I am every going to be. My shoulders are now strong I have had hours of physio over the year and lots of exercises to do to strengthen up but it has all paid off. Cold water training has been going well in the lake at Druridge Bay Country Park Lake and the North Sea. I am now busy collecting sponsorship for charity - North of England Children's Cancer Research Fund. People have been so very generous. The plan is to head to Dover on the 23rd and then wait for my swim!
All the children at the schools I work in have been asking questions which have made me giggle and it makes a change from the Will you be wearing grease question which is nearly always the second question asked!!!! These are from Year 6:

Which Channel will you be on?
Are you wearing full body Armor?
Are you wearing Floaters?
Will you have a tank?
How long will it take?
Are there fish in the water?
How do you do a pee?
How are you going to breathe?
What if an evil dolphin comes to get you?
What about evil sharks?
Will you be embarrassed with everyone on the boat looking at you?
How cold will it be?
What if you freeze to death?
Who said you are allowed in the water?
What if you fall asleep?
Will you have goggles?
What if a big boat knocks you out and slices you in half?
What do you get when you finish?

Anyway - off to do shoulder exercises and then bed as I am up early for a kite flying day at school tomorrow with 250 children all flying kites all getting in tangles I expect but all good fun!!!!

1 comment:

Jaqi said...

Good Luck and hope all goes well, I am happy to sponsor you and I will be in touch. All the best Jaqi