Thursday 24 July 2008

Waiting!

One day to go ! If the weather is right I go tonight ! I will be meeting the pilot at 2.30 am who then takes me around to Shakespeare beach. I swim to shore and clear the water then after they sound the horn I start my swim! Yikes! I am starting to feel a little nervous now! We could see France from the top of the cliffs last night and I stood watching the ships working out where the shipping lanes went and thinking from up here it doesn't look too far knowing that it looks and feels so different from on the boat or in the sea! My pilot thinks I will take 14 hours! Hope so as we have booked a table in a restaurant for tomorrow night and the puddings look good! So today I will do a very short swim. And brief my crew Paula laura and Abi . Shep arrives tonight and my parents tomorrow for the finish! Then its rest for the. Remainder of the day and waiting for the swim to be confirmed tonight !
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: